Pages

Friday 14 May 2021

Sailing With The Homies

      

                                         Sailing 


First of all, I want to thank St Johns Rotary for sponsoring us to go to Sailing at Okahu Bay. We really appreciate it... thank you.

At Okahu Bay,  my class and I did a very fun activity... Sailing. When we got to our location on a bus the sky was grey, the salty water looked very cold and the little sailing boat  we were to go in gave me claustrophobia vibes

After we talked about saftey rules, ate morning tea we had a little korero. I partnered up with my classmate Peter and we were all building our boat and looking at the finished boat to figure how to make our boat perfect for us to go on the ocean. 

It was time to go sailing and get wet!, I rushed to my boat but my brain wasn't working.  I forgot to wear my Swim Suit!. Me and my classmates went to the changing room and changed into our outfit. Our outfit was a lifejacket and waterproof bright red jacket. 

We all got into our boats and me and my partner Peter started confused. "What's this for?"  "Uhh, whats this thingy?" We worked it out and we are ready to ride like the waves. We were all organized as numbers like "1 2 3 4 5 6" It was time for all of us to disconnect from each other. I was steering and looking at the sky and then a ball was thrown at me "What the? Oh nah who ever threw that is gonna get hurt" I said.  "Ball Tiggy!" said the life guards. Peter and I sailed away as fast as we could.

I hit one of the girls on their head with a ball. I was imagining myself with unlimited balls and repeatedly throwing at them. I was full of laughter throwing the balls at them. The most embarrasing thing that happened was that I was the first ever person to fall in the water swimming like a maniac to get bak in the boat. But it was fun. Peter and I kept on falling but on purpose because being in the water was fun. 

Once we all finished sailing we changed into our warm clothes and went on the bus and the boys sang "IN the jungle the quiet jungle the lion sleeps tonight". "Im a barbie girl in a barbie world"  all the way home. 

Thank you St Johns Rotary for the fun. And thank you teachers for looking after us. And thank you bus driver for not complaning about our annoying voices singing and taking us to the sailing.


No comments:

Post a Comment