Pages

Friday 9 April 2021

Stations of the Cross

                                            

                             Stations of The Cross


Stations of the Cross is the 14 images that represents the stages of Christ’s passion and death..



Why do we do it?

Once a year, during Holy Week, my school does a performance of  the Stations of The Cross. As a Catholic school we believe in Jesus Christ and the Religious life. We do Stations of the Cross because we thank Jesus for the sacrifice of his life for people. In the stations of the Cross there are 14 stages representing  Christ’s death. 

 

       What did I do in the performance?

In the performance I was acting as Simon’s friend. Simon of Cyrene is the man who helped Jesus carry the cross to his crucifixion. In the 5th station guards were choosing either Simon  and his 3 friends who should  be chosen to help Jesus carry the cross. The guards chose Simon because he looked strong  to help Jesus carry the cross. 



Growing up in Saint Patrick’s school I always wanted to be a part of the Stations of The Cross performance. Year 7’s and 8’s can only do it! Being in the performance is very important to me to show Jesus that I am thankful for what he has done for me and others. When I was acting it felt exciting and a little bit of nervous. There were a lot of kids watching our play and they all looked amazed



Thanks to our Teachers and wonderful Actors.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment